Thursday, May 19, 2011

12wbt Round 2

So I am writing my commitment to the next round of the 12wbt program.  I am starting again, another 12 weeks.  Once again I find myself already plagued by self doubt.  Will I give up after a couple of weeks?  Will I start cheating and let it all unravel?  Will I let life get in the way of my goals?
I'm trying to find my inner self will.  This is my commitment statement.

My commitment is to myself.  I will find my focus, and I will hold on tight to it.  I will be consistent because I will put my own needs before keeping others happy.  Being on this program is not always convenient for other people.  I can't go out for sunday breakfast, or dinner.  I can't join in with the celebration cake or drinks.  I can't fit in with other people's plans.  I can't be convenient.  This is a huge change for me... I am accustomed to not rocking the boat. 
My commitment is therefore to put myself first, my health first, my self esteme first.  I loved the last round of this program, and for the first 9 weeks I did really well.... and then I sabotaged.  I lost focus.  I started putting other people's convenience first, people pleasing and not really believing that I could be the slim attractive successful woman I once was.  I stopped putting myself first because I stopped believing that I deserved it.
My commitment is therefore to believe I can be the woman I want to be, that I can do it, that I can live my dreams.
No self limiting, no self sabotage.

No comments: