Thursday, October 28, 2010

Perspective

My angel was a trial today... She projectile vomited half way through her morning nap, which was hardly deliberate but annoying just the same... Then if course there was no chance if going back to sleep... So all day she has been short tempered, easily frustrated and screechy... She does screechy very well indeed. It is ear splitting and makes me feel like my bones are rubbing together in a sort of nails on a board sort of a way... Exceedingly irritating! And since she was feeling out of sorts she wanted to be on top of me all the time, and to have everything I had... My tea, my diet coke, my phone, my keys... You get the picture... Grrrr.... I got grumpy. And then she dropped a heavy toy on
my toe and I snapped and yelled at her. She looked up at me with such sad little eyes and said "sorry"....and my heart broke audibly."crack!".
And then I got the news that a friends baby died last night... Sudden cot death at 14 months old. I simply cannot, nor want to, imagine the horror.
And suddenly my day is put starkly firmly into perspective... Good night kisses felt extra sweet tonight.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: