Monday, October 4, 2010

moments of gorgeousness...

So  my angel is growing and blossoming every day... She is learning new words, understanding new concepts, and frankly shocking, surprising and delighting her mum with her journey of becoming her own little person in the world...

There are so many moments which gleam as jewels in the treasure chest of this parenting experience... I keep forgetting them and so I want to record some here...

Like the day that she demanded the jug of water I was using to fill the iron.  When I refused she got her little fingers up onto the table and yanked the place mat that the jug was sitting on, bringing the lot crashing down.  I was cranky, and told her to go away while I cleaned up the spilled water.... She tottled off with a terribly serious face and plonked herself down in her princess tent.  After a new minutes I heard a little voice from the tent "Naughty, naughty, naughty"....

Or the day she tottled across the grass, picked a little tiny flower and brought it gleefully to her mummy!

Or the day she snuggled herself down in bed when I tucked her in... beamed up and me and said "Happy Baby, Night-night!"

and of course all of the other thousand times that she comes to me with arms extended asking "Mummy, cuddle?!"



So many glistening moments that make the sleepless nights seem insignificant.

No comments: