Monday, October 4, 2010

moments of friendship

So recently I had the joyous opportunity to spend an evening with good friends... friends who are near and far came together for organic gluten free corn chips and some cheesy deliciousness, but the real treat was the simple delight of sitting in a room with people who I love and who love me... people with whom I share a history and a language.  We speak and know that the others will understand.... we refer to past moments and laugh without having to explain... we reflect on this time last year, and the year before... secure in the knowledge that we will reflect on this moment some time next year.  We don't see each other often enough anymore... but this had no impact in the moment, it was like we were always together only with a little added excitement.  These are people who have seen me at my ugliest (morphine swollen post cesarean), my most elated (morphine swollen post cesarean), my funkiest and my droopiest... I have revealed my secrets, held others hearts and hands, agonised and celebrated...
I listened, laughed, learned... but mostly luxuriated in the simple pleasure of friendship.

No comments: