Wednesday, October 8, 2008

a brief thought on the miracle of life...

So as usual am procrastinating while supposed to be working... back to doing three jobs this month...but I love being under pressure it seems :-)

I have been slightly distracted by enjoying the debate that has flowed a little from the comments on "och life, whats it all about anyway"... now that's what I like to see! People being stimulated, commenting, debating, well a bit anyway... Life passes by so fast these days - Heavens I am already in the last week of my first trimester! I am thrilled by the chance blogging gives to take a moment to reflect a little, to think a little....

And on another level, at the risk of continuing to seem somewhat obsessed, I am still utterly blown away by the rediculous enormity of the insanely normal process of growing a child. On one level its so completely common, natural, normal... And on another level its outrageously incomprehensibly HUGE! In my belly a little person is coming into being.... my body, my cells, are feeding this child, are forming its parts... Its mind is coming alive as I type... its little fingers reach out to the world. It grows, moment by moment, into the person it will be in the world. The unfathomable miracle of life is silently happening inside me in each moment, as I eat, work, sleep (a lot), even as I pee (a lot). And a day will come when it will emmerge from my belly whole and complete... and take its place in the world - a thinking acting self determining human being...made from my cells, in my belly. How incredibly bizarre is that!!?? And I reflect for a moment on the fact that this process happens everyday, all around us, from tiny almost unnoticeable beings to huge and dominating creatures... And I am part of it all... Its awe-inspiring!

No comments: