Friday, November 9, 2007

leaving one lot of bright lights for another...





How lovely that Lautoka turned out its finest to farewell me on my last night :-) I sit on my bed... contemplating the reality of the fact that my cupboard is finally bare... of course unlike Mother Hubbard my inner stores are brimming to overflowing. And outside the fireworks (its Diwali of course) fill the sky, cracking and popping melodiously at times, riotously at others... and the lights flame brightly for a moment and fade away, reminding me that this is indeed the nature of life... Just as my time here as been spectacular and vivid... so too it passes into memories so quickly. Oddly I feel little... a vague sense of reminiscence, a slight tantalising sense of excitement about my mum's chocolate cake that awaits me on home shores, a tickly feeling of happiness at my dearest ones becoming nearest once again... but over-all a quiet sense of well-being, of the rightness of this next step, of moving forward. Let the carpets of life unravel before me :-)....
See you all very soon!

No comments: