Wednesday, March 6, 2013

New challenge... Sketch #1

 
So I have decided to set myself a new personal challenge. In the ongoing quest to maintain positive life balance and keep myself sane in what is rapidly becoming a completely insane year, I am trying to reconnect with the past artist version of myself.   I liked her, she was cool.  She drew in her art journal daily... She was grounded in her emotions (if they were filled with youthful angst). She took risks, was open and adventurous, and she was creative in her life.  I'd like to see more of her. I know she's grown up, and changed, but I know she is still in there, just enjoying an extended nap. 
So since being back in tropical disturbance land I've taken up painting again. With my limits of time and energy I haven't exactly been prolific, but it made me happy to start back down that path. 
I can feel the work monkey sucking at my back, wrapping me in the endless tentacles of the unachievable to do list...and so in order to keep a grip on my journey back to my artist self I have decided to post a sketch a day for 21 days.  Readers may recall last year's 21 days to inner beauty challenge... And this one continues the theme by using 21 days to change a habit, reinforce a new habit or break an old one. 
So here goes... 21 days, 21 sketches... Just quickies... Just to keep my mind in visual self expression mode... And this is today's.

No comments: