Saturday, March 2, 2013

And then there was more....

So.... I have realised that the theme for my year as CEO is "going beyond"... The strongest sense I have of the year is that every time I think that I am completely over loaded and stretched as far as I can be.... Then the universe gives me more.... It's crazy.  So at the moment I am almost single handedly running this ocean liner of an organisation since all of the senior management positions are currently vacant.  Thank god I still have my CFO, and my National Manager of Sustainable Futures Programs (yes I named the position coz I am just like that) is back from leave next week....for two months until she goes on maternity leave.... But I am about to get word on a new lot of funding to provide services in 7 other pacific countries (long story, ask me later) and due to a stuff up on the side of the donors I now have to produce an extra $120,000 dollars worth of policies, org review, manuals and other documents before I leave so that the organisation can get the operational and wages money we were promised and have already spent.
So on top of everything else.... Much much more....
But you know what? I'm ok.... I'm smiling... I may be hysterical but then again, I look back over what I have achieved this last year and I think....I've managed to do a huge amount...I've actually done an amazing job under the circumstances...it's been really hard, but I've done it... And yes, I will do this too... And I'm being a great mum, and I'm doing 12wbt and losing weight, and I'm keeping up my social life, painting, reading... Somehow I am holding life together and I'm pretty damn proud of myself.

1 comment:

Allison said...

as you should be!!!....well done you x