Sunday, December 2, 2012

an angel's best friend...

So my professional life is really really crap at the moment... thats the truth.
but I thank the stars and my own perseverance for the little person in my life who brings me such joy despite the horror of the rest.
This morning I sat at my computer for a few moments while I prepared myself for the day and she pottered around creating her universe of interactive imagination for the morning...
And a little voice broke through my thoughts
"Hmmmm I wonder where my best friend mummy is?  I had better go and find her..."
And in that moment I was not the CEO of a doomed NGO that has lost its funding base... I was not the over tired, not sleeping, burnt out shell of a person that I feel like a lot of the time.
I was an angel's best friend.
Melting priceless moments.

No comments: