Saturday, July 7, 2012

dinner tonight brought to you by....


my vegie patch... after weeks of daily watering I am harvesting... This time I actually coached new life out of tiny seeds instead of popping into the local nursery for seedlings.  Its pretty inspiring to be eating the products of this very primal process of producing food.  My daily watering, weeding, fertilising has been a grounding experience... and watching the little leaves grow a little more each day puts a touch of perspective into my morning.
I find my life somewhat bi-polar at the moment.  My work life is full to the brim, stressful, go go go and needing to be switched on, thinking fast, being strategic, prioritising time and keeping many balls in the air at the same time.  And then I come home at the end of the day and I have to switch.  I have to also be efficient, multitasking, on the go and focused - but on totally different things.  I have to watch where the sticky play dough ended up, be aware of the paint disaster about to happen, remember bin night, write a shopping list in my mind, remember to water the garden, feed the chicken, put the chicken to bed at night, put the child to bed at night, pack school lunches having remembered to buy food for school lunches....etc etc etc... sometimes I want to be lazy, take a break, just be irresponsible for a while... sometimes I do (and pay the price)... mostly I am just always tired and always compromising.  Life at the moment is a constant juggle of never quite enough... not quite a good enough mum, CEO, housekeeper, gardener, friend... I live with the "undone" list echoing in the back of my head at all times.  And I flip between personas and have to be the best I can be in every moment.  Its exhausting.
But tonight I ate vegies that I grew... so I must be doing something right.

No comments: