Thursday, March 24, 2011

Powering along

So I am really pleased to announce that I am finally back in the sexy sixties... This is the first time since I had my angel that I have weighed in under 70kg... and I am really feeling the difference.  I also notice, oddly and strangely, that I actually feel much better after exercising!  Well there you go... I have known those words to be truth in an abstract sense - kind of like knowing that I have rhino-like creatures living in my eyelashes... but I have not really experienced it in a believable way.
The other thing that surprises me immensely is that this is the first diet that I have done during which I actually feel like I am changing my way of life, not just "doing time".  I have done lots of diets before, lots, and each time it has felt like I am just hanging in there for it to end so I can get back to "normal" eating.  And I have not seen results....
But this time I can't imagine going back to the way I was eating.  I feel so much better having had a salad for lunch rather than something oily, fatty or loaded with carbs.  I am really loving learning new ways of eating, and I think perhaps I am a convert!  I also think I will finish this with a healthy terror of going back where I was... and I plan to THROW OUT (yes, you heard me... overcome my hoarding instincts and consign to charity) my 70kg plus clothes.
5 kilos down and 7 to go.... I am almost half way to my 12 week goal.
Go me :-)

No comments: