Thursday, November 26, 2009

on words again


So I have written before on words... words to which we give the power to turn our feelings, to turn our heads, to turn us into different aspects of ourselves.  What is in a word?  Some would say it is empty of any meaning but that which we project onto it.  A collection of letters, mere squiggles on a page, a formation of air vibration in an eardrum, it is in itself meaningless independent of the life experience it evokes.  So how do I feel when the life experience does not match the words?  How do I take back the meaning from the words, render them unimportant?  Can I focus on the life experience independent of the words?  Can I trust what I feel over the words that I hear?  These are the questions with which I amuse myself in my moments of quiet... in the calm of contemplation.  I know what I would like to answer.... but will I always hold firm to this?

2 comments:

Chonyi Taylor said...

Look not at the words, but at the meaning of the words. Look not at the meaning but at the essence of the meaning.

I've just started my own blog page. Please pay me a visit.

I enjoy your pictures as much as your words. Are they your creation as well? Chonyi

Wanderlust said...

Thanks Chonyi!
My pics are either my photos...the baby ones obviously... or the arty ones are from Flickr.com an awesome site where people share their photos generously ...
:-)