Monday, June 1, 2009

tired!

I dream of sleeping...
When awake I find myself randomly fantasising about 8 solid hours of sleep...
And I have a wonderful child who sleeps for 1-4 hours at a time... I pity the people whose babies don't sleep more than half an hour - I think it must induce insanity!
I find that sleep deprivation makes me feel like I am made of egg shell or paper stretched over a frame... I am more fragile... moving through life as though everything is normal. yet easily buffeted by the little things. Moods consume me more. Things seem more serious. Irrational moments of dismay crop up here and there for no reason. I forget where I am going, what I am doing, or what I was looking for...
Recently I needed to go to the bottle shop at Ashgrove Coles to get some wine that was on special for my dad. I got in the car thinking "Ashgrove Coles" . I imagined how to get there, planned my route and how long it would take... I drove off, parked in the shopping centre car park, got out and walked up to the bottle shop... and standing outside I suddenly realised I was at Paddington Woolworths. I went back to the car, got in and drove to Ashgrove Coles....

So yawn away little one... I know the feeling!

No comments: