Monday, May 11, 2009

today i am grateful


Today I am grateful...
Yesterday was mothers day...
Yesterday I spend a lovely relaxed day with my mum and my dad and my daughter...
Yesterday I celebrated my first mothers day as a mother of a beautiful little girl...
Yesterday we ate yummy food in the sunshine and enjoyed being a family, together, happy.
Today I found out that yesterday a friend who is a mother lost her daughter.
Today I found out that yesterday a friend who was a daughter was killed.
Yesterday a friend was riding her bike home to her new husband...
Yesterday a long distance truck driver was not spending mothers day with his family, was sleepy and hit my friend so hard her body was thrown off the road and onto the railway tracks below.
Today I found out.
Yesterday my friend who was a daughter of a friend was killed on mothers day...
Yesterday my friend became someone who's daughter was killed on mothers day.
Today I feel so grateful, grateful for this moment of life, grateful for the people I love who are alive, grateful for another day, another year, another mothers day.

No comments: