Monday, May 4, 2009

dream cycle

This morning as I slept I heard Indi waking, grunting, winging... And because I didn't want to wake up I kept dreaming that I was getting up to get her... and then I would drift back into sleep...and she would grunt again and I would half wake, shocked, thinking I had already gotten up and picked her up. Surprised to find myself in bed I would panic for a moment, searching for her under the bed clothes, worried I had suffocated her under the doona... and then I would realise that I didn't have her, that she was still in her bed, that I had only dreamed getting up and picking her up... and then I would drift back to sleep...and she would grunt again and I would dream I was getting up to her... and so on! I must have gone through this cycle at least four times before I finally actually woke up and picked her up.
I guess I was very tired!

No comments: