Sunday, May 31, 2009

mums in the park...

So I am attempting to organise a bit of a mothers group for lesbians... Having discovered that Brisbane does not boast a lesbian mothers forum, nor a single mothers group... that I can find... I, being a good aquarian, decided to try and do something about it.
I did, of course, watch the series of ever opening and closing lesbian venues in sydney.... I have ventured to lesbian venues in brisbane and listened to the oft-moan that lesbians never do anything, go out, support new things... but hey - I decided to give it a go anyway :-)
Hmmmm - the only thing harder than getting a group of lesbians to turn up in the same place at the same time? Trying to get a showing from a group of lesbians with children!
Many thanks to the wonderful women who did come, and to the one who was not already my friend, but is now :-)

No comments: