Tuesday, February 17, 2009

sticking it to myself...

So its not so bad after all...
I have starting injecting myself with insulin... and for once the doctors told the truth...the idea is much worse than the reality. It hurts a lot less than the finger prick glucose testing.... and its another fabulous opportunity to practice that "overcoming your own fears and mental resistance" stuff - like the time I jumped off the top of the telegraph pole (see one of the first blogs I wrote)...
And the diet is proving good for me in lots of ways of course...have never felt so unhealthily healthy! My body is loving the good nutritious low fat, no sugar, low GI diet... and after a couple of months of this I am hoping that my patterns will be reset for a really healthy future! If, of course, I don't binge too much in the excitement of ending my journey with diabetes after the birth :-) Of course by then I hope to be so slim and trim and terrific that pure vanity should keep me on track!
Och... its distracting trying to write while the child inside you has hiccups :-)

No comments: