Saturday, January 5, 2008

baby blog update....

So... where am I up to?

All is going well... smoothly... no dramas....

Um - we are officially waiting until the end of March to start trying the actual conception bisso... sadly my ovulation cycle just does not match the dates of both of our international travel bookings any sooner...
But... I have indeed
ovulated this week...
yippee :-)
Balloons and flowers unnecessary, please...
My basal body temperature charts have behaved admirably and it seems that this old birds eggs are still popping... according to www.fertilityfriend.com anyway - is there anything you can't do on the internet these days?? And...(drum roll) It seems I was almost right on time this cycle - yay... those of you who know me may scoff that its one of the few occasions I am on time for anything... but pah! to you :-)
I was a bit concerned about continuing to take my temperature each morning while travelling... but then I read that I can take it orally :-0 so that should help somewhat.... a wee bit more discrete ;-).

I am drafting my version of the on-line contracts... not much to change - they are pretty self explanatory... and I'm scared to change many words in case the entire legal meaning morphs into something green and lumpy that oozes slime - like something out of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (am I showing my age?)

And in a lovely moment today I was contacted by a friend of a friend who is going through a similar process... I hope that this is the start of the development of a network of hand-holding women... a la tribal, mud hut, women's business kind of coming together in support... there can be the elders - those who have walked the path for longer...some with kids and some with lots of experience of different methods of trying... some newbies still thinking about the idea... and the rest of us somewhere in between....
All joiners most welcome.... comment below or email me directly and I will start a bit of a group or something technological like that :-)
Oh - boys are welcome in this tree house too :-)

And so - that's the news, I'm Can Motherem....

Smiles to you all!

"Hands up for Health" by Sean Hawkey on flikr

No comments: