Monday, September 17, 2007

Words of Kindness...

I know its not new… and its not rocket science… but its meaningful to me today….
One thing I have learned, over and over again…both as the giver and as the receiver… is how much difference a few words of kindness can make.
When was the last time you offered random unsolicited kindness to a friend, to someone you care about?
So much of the time we are busy with our lives, our chores, seeking entertainment, distraction… and we of course assume that the people we care about and admire already know how we feel…
It takes so little to say a few words of kindness… to tell someone “hey – I think you are great…” Or to do something for someone that says “hey – I thought of you and you were worth going out of my way for...”
Today a friend sent me an email, just a simple compliment…. But it just so happened that today I was feeling really sad… and her email made me smile for a moment, and that meant so much to me.
Thanks Lisa!

No comments: