Sunday, April 29, 2012

unwanted house guests

Since our return to the tropics after hasty abandonment of home and hearth during the floods, we have been joined by some welcome imaginary friend guests... and I am afraid some very unwelcome small rodent guests.  I confess a rather unlady-like expletive passed my rather unlady-like lips when I turned on the kitchen light to investigate the sounds of a rave party that were going on in there... only to find FOUR large and healthy looking four legged, tailed friends feasting on a plastic lid.  I had seen their unmistakable evidence and am practiced at ensuring that there was nothing tastier available - but I had hoped for maybe two of the critters... and this after I had already herded one from my office into the green beyond the back door. 
So the buddhist in me had a brief attempt at resistance, which was quickly overcome by lioness mother imagining her angel's toes being nibbled in the night.
Poison was purchased and planted (I cannot bring myself to use the glue that everyone here uses).  And this morning revealed signs of consumption of the pellets... so tonight will be the teller.  I sit now on in the lounge room and the kitchen is ominously quiet.  I rejoice and of course regret at the same time.
Sorry little mice - may you have a far better rebirth...
and PHEW... EWWWW... be gone you rotten foul pooing peeing scampering disease carrying vermin!

No comments: