Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Skimming stones

So I've been feeling stuck... There are things in my life that need to change, and I don't know how to do it. Everything is interconnected... If I change one thing everything else is effected....and unravels... Every option has pros and cons...
I went to see Eat Pray Love and I cried all the way through... I cried because I heard the parts of her story that were mine.  Once upon a time I had passion.  Once upon a time I cared deeply about the wrongs of the world.  Once upon a time I was determined to make a difference.  Now I can't remember the last time I cared deeply about anything.  I hear myself complaining more than celebrating... I hear myself being small, thinking small....
I have moments that move me to my depths... they are all around my child.  When I watch her sleep.  When she takes my hand to walk forward.  When she absent-mindedly plays with my fingers.  When I watch her play when she doesn't know I am watching.  When she rubs my nose with her nose. When her little voice calls "mummy?" when she can't see me.  When she says "lub you mummy".  These moments and a thousand more make my heart swell and make me feel alive.
But the rest of the time... life flows around me.... feelings tickle me, itch me slightly...but don't rock my world.  I feel like things pass me in superficial ways...like skipping stones.
I want to be filled with feeling again.  I want to breath in the richness of a moment.  I want to dive right in to the pool.

No comments: