Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A time of lasts...

So its that time... the time when daily experiences become redefined by their impermanence. My last day at the beach, the last quiet weekend before the other volunteers arrive... counting down my lunches in my favourite vegetarian indian cafe.... my last tutorial with my trainees... Mentally I shift between future focussed thinking, feeling like I have already mentally moved forward... and being strongly in the moment, trying to drink in the "now"...sipping slowly... knowing that only too soon the slurpy loud sucking sound at the bottom of the glass will signify The End.

Last weekend an eclectic picnic of blueberry yogurt, herb cheese, seaweed crackers, mexican dip, chocolate, cheese chips and pineapple celebrated the last trip to the main land beach...

I am reminded that a vastly improved range of food is one of the pluses about coming home... although.... I enjoyed the diversity immensely :-)

No comments: