Sunday, October 14, 2007

TV Wisdom


The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you that you love, well, that's just fabulous!
-Carrie Bradshaw
My friend Steph was inspired by the Ben Okri quote... and in return I got this one from her facebook page. From the mouth of pop culture :-) but today it touched me.
I think it is in the last bit - "to love the you that you love"... which entails first finding a you that you love, and then being able to hold onto her in the presence of others, and finding another who loves her - "just the way she is" (to mix TV icons - thanks bridget) rather than someone who loves parts of you that you are ok with being, but don't necessarily love.
I hope that makes sense...
I think perhaps finding someone to love you is not always so hard in life, but finding someone to love a you that you love... now that is a challenge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

but why were you up blogging away at 4.07am

Anonymous said...

Being the original TV, s'pose I'll have to come up with the obligatory wise quote, but all that comes this morning is to repeat that "...life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans"
Actually, I'm quite happy that that's appropriate , all things considered.
cheers
Tom Vichta

Wanderlust said...

tee hee Thanks Dad! You are indeed the original course of falling gems of wisdom...