Saturday, September 21, 2013

Happiness....

I'm home.
I feel at home.
I feel like I am home.
In my youth I fled the restrictions of the familiar, I craved the new and interesting...the adventure...
As I have aged I have noticed, with some bemusement, my process of becoming more and more home and stability oriented. I have routines. I love my routines...the same comfortable places bring me comfort.  Once I would have laughed at myself, but now I am learning to embrace this different sense of self.
I used to fight it, force myself out of my comfort zone...now I surrender and revel in it.
I am happy.
I am extraordinarily happy at the moment, happy in a simple, breath in the moment sort of way, a way which undeniably tells me that I must be in just the right place and the right time.
And as they do when I am in the right place, things are falling into place.
Nothing in life is perfect but my experience is that when you have trusted the direction your feet take you, when you have allowed yourself to follow your instincts...then things just flow as they should. This is how I feel at the moment.
Happy.
It's a good feeling.

No comments: