Wednesday, July 24, 2013

On letting go...

Letting go...
Letting be...
Letting it all unravel...
Recognising the limits of what I can do...
Redefining moment to moment the things I can't change...
Trying to focus on the things I can...
Putting up an emotional shield against mourning the things I can't...
Living with the irrationality of guilt, frustration, should/could do more...
Balancing self preservation with my enduring struggle to overcome injustice and "fix" the world....
Bemoaning my lack of omnipotence...
At the same time craving freedom...
Balancing the wish for release from the battle to change the things that need to be changed...
With the angst of giving up and walking away after giving my all...
I've been changed
I am different
This thing I leave is different
I leave a part of me here
Even as I lean towards the newness, next steps.


No comments: