Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ants

This country is crawling with ants. My home is full of ants. Everything I touch has ants on it... Every morsel of food or drop of drink left momentarily unattended is ruthlessly claimed by them.  It rains almost everyday at the moment so the sodding ants are perpetually in a state of panic migration.... They are not like Aussie ants though... They are tiny tiny and ever so numerous. Imagine all the ants in your house divided themselves into 12 pieces of ant, which each became an ant itself...and then imagine those ants crawling on the back of your arms, and your neck, and the back of your hands, and that point between your  shoulder blades that is really hard to reach... Then add the thick layer of sweaty slime that the ants are sliding around in on your body and you may start to get a sense of how I feel about these ants.  I used to be relatively kind to little creatures. I've been known to go to great lengths to avoid killing ants.... But these little bastards bring out a vicious murderous side of me that is rarely seen and best left unexplored... Please ants... Get thee hence... I cannot abide thee....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rofl.....go get them I say!