Tuesday, February 22, 2011

my brave little fish...

Its amazing to watch... not yet 2 years old and my brave little angel has merrily been teaching herself to swim.  There is a fine line between brave and over-confident, and I fear she has crossed it many times, but so far I have managed to pull her up for air each time before she passes out.  She just loves to dive head first into the water and swim!  Fortunately the little mermaid has learned to very effectively hold her breath under water.  Unfortunately she is only just starting to learn how to get her head up out of the water to take another breath.... Fortunately she has quickly gotten the idea of kicking and paddling her arms...Unfortunately she prefers to swim alone and deliberately and swiftly moves away from the helpful arms of adults to try her moves.    She's a handful, no doubt about it, but thankfully she is also smart, capable and confident.  I guess I can't ask for a lot more!

No comments: