Saturday, August 11, 2007

everything is coming up blue hibiscus


My dear friends.. you may or may not have noticed that I do NOT wear blue... its just not me...its a high school uniform thing, its a quirk of character thing... its just a thing...
You can, therefore, imagine my joy at discovering that my entire work team was being transformed into a blue flowerbed. Celebrating the opening of our first new branch office, in Nadi, was a very special moment - just special enough to get me breaking my rules and breaking out in blue hibiscus. (although I did fight hard with the tailors to persuade them to change the whole thing to chocolate brown - if there had been enough brown bula fabric in Lautoka I may have pulled it off...but no, and not enough green, or red, or orange.... or anything but blue!)
But on an up-note... if you can see past the power prints you will see the crowd of people around me, who are ALL Counselling Diploma trainees... what a difference they are going to make in the world - well, this little part of it... How wonderful to be a part of this.... perhaps I can wear red tinted glasses, purple hibiscus might look rather fetching! :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not true! I seem to recall some perdy blue tie dye W&WW numbers back in the day... and you looked ever so fetching...