Saturday, March 17, 2012

what we think we become...

What we think we become... I have been repeating those words to myself when I feel overwhelmed and start to slide into the spiral of negative thinking that leads me into the "I can't do this" place.  I am following my dream and I know I am in the right place... I do know that in my guts... and I knew it would be hard work and that I would have to really push myself to achieve my potential.  That is one of the reason I really wanted to do this adventure.  And so I am not surprised that it is hard... that I am finding myself struggling... I am hampered by several things...I hate going to bed early and my angel is waking with the sun at 5:30am - so I am constantly tired.  When I am tired by normally poor short term memory becomes a liability.  And thirdly - I am really much more interested in playing with my child and doing enjoyable things than in working.  This has not always been the case for me - before having a child I was very committed and really enjoyed working hard.  Now not so much... I am also used to working 3 days a week and so jumping up to a full time position is reminding me how much I love weekends and evenings to myself ie not doing the work I need to do to really get on top of this new challenge and stop treading water and bluffing my way through.
As we think we become... I need to start shaping my attitude and approach by setting my intention clearly, and using my thoughts to motivate instead of undermine...
Phew.
Tomorrow...

No comments: