Thursday, October 10, 2013

Kindy Girl...

My baby started Kindy today....
Another threshold leapt over with her steady determination to move forward in life.
She proudly carried her new lunchbox and put it in the lunchbox tub.  She remembered where her locker was, and put her bag away... Then she turned and smiled at me, two long plaits swinging as she waved... "Bye mum!"...and I was dismissed.
Thankfully her face lit up when I asked if she would like me to stay for a little while...she was happy to share this transitional moment with me....but once inside it was clear that I was welcome but unnnecessary.  She was happy exploring, meeting new friends, discovering new toys, making her place in this new world.
As I watched her I realised that once upon a time, when I looked in her face, I marvelled at seeing my baby growing up. Now when I look at her I no longer see a growing up baby...I see a little person full of the rich potential of who she is becoming. She is no longer defined by who she was, but who she will be.  And I am so crazy proud of the person she is becoming.  She is smart, funny, kind, brave, open, inquisitive, independent and confident. She is strong willed and knows exactly what she wants. The fact that she is confident enough to believe that she can do what she sets her mind to fills me with pride. The fact that she argues her point but accepts, without tears or tantrums, the times when she cannot do what she wants makes me even more proud.
Yes my little angel is growing into herself and she is beautiful.

No comments: